January 16, 2017
   

Podcasts In Cue

Newsletter

HTML | Text | Mobile

Become a Sponsor

Info!

Information on becoming a Sponsor for TotalPicture Radio podcasts is available on our FAQ page, or feel free to contact us with any questions or concerns.

Podcasts In Cue

Michael Lee Stallard - Connection Culture

The Competitive Advantage of Shared Identity, Empathy, and Understanding at Work

Premiers on January 19 2017
Michael Stallard President of E Pluribus Partners and Primary Author of Connection Culture - TotalPicture Radio interview with Peter ClaytonMichael Lee Stallard

A 2016 Gallop report, How Millennials Want to Work and Live, revealed that "only 29% of millennials are engaged at work, with the remaining 71% either not engaged or actively disengaged. What's more, six in 10 millennials say they're open to different job opportunities, and only 50% plan to be with their company one year from now."

"Millennial workers currently make up 38% of the U.S. workforce. Some estimate that they will make up as much as 75% of it by 2025." If you work in HR or recruiting, I'm sure these statistics are no surprise to you. Engagement is not much better with Gen X or Baby Boomers.

Another 2016 study, titled Data Proves that Culture, Values, and Career are Biggest Drivers of Employment Brand, Josh Bersin writes; "...detailed analysis of Glassdoor data among more than 6,000 companies and 2.2 million employees... If you consider 'Would you recommend your company as a place to work?' as a NetPromoter question from all these employees, by far the biggest work factor related to employment brand is 'culture and values.'"

He continues, "An employee's rating of 'culture and values' is 4.9 times more predictive of a company recommendation than salary and benefits. The second most important factor is 'career opportunities,' which is 4.5 more important than salary and benefits."

Welcome to a Leadership Channel podcast on TotalPicture Radio. I'm your host Peter Clayton. Joining me is Michael Stallard President of E Pluribus Partners and Primary Author of Connection Culture: The Competitive Advantage of Shared Identity, Empathy and Understanding at Work

Stay tuned. Our interview with Michael Stallard will air Thursday January 19th.

Read more...

Turning Points - Bernie Swain, Washington Speakers Bureau

Over the past 35 years, Swain has represented former US Presidents, American and world leaders, journalists, authors, business visionaries, and sports legends.

Premiers on January 17 2017
Bernie Swain, co-founder of Washington Speakers Bureau - TotalPicture Radio interview with Peter ClaytonBernie Swain

"...the defining moment in my life was the realization that I was never going to enjoy working for other people." Bernie Swain

In a September 2016 article in HBR titled Successful Leaders Know What Made Them Who They Are Bernie Swain, Co-founder of the Washington Speakers Bureau wrote:

"Can you identify the one person, event, or influence that made you who you are as a leader and a person? Over the past 10 years, I've put that question to one hundred of the eminent people I represented as chairman of the Washington Speakers Bureau: Madeleine Albright, Tom Brokaw, Colin Powell, Terry Bradshaw, Condoleezza Rice, and many others. I was curious to find out what they felt were the turning points in their lives - the defining moments and influences from which they draw motivation and inspiration."

That question lead to Swain's book, What Made Me Who I Am, which captures the leadership transformations of 34 of the speakers and friends he represented.

It's a fascinating book, and it turns out, speakers bureaus have been around for a long time - much longer than I would have thought. The Redpath Bureau represented Mark Twain, Ralph Waldo Emerson, Susan B. Anthony, and Frederick Douglass.

The Washington Speakers Bureau founded by Swain, his wife Paula and friend Harry Rhoads, spent its first year working out of a supply closet, and almost closed its doors before landing its first client, Good Morning America anchor Steve Bell, luring him away from the Harry Walker Agency. With nothing more than a handshake.

I'm your host, Peter Clayton. David Dalka and I are delighted to have Bernie Swain on this Leadership Channel edition of TotalPicture Radio. Bernie Swain's Washington Speakers Bureau is one of the most famous, and most successful of all time.

Stay tuned... our exclusive interview with Bernie Swain will air Tuesday, January 17th!

  • HRExaminer | Top 25 HR Digital Influencer