ALEXANDRIA, Va. - From managing disengaged employees to the latest recruitment trends, the Society for Human Resource Management's (SHRM's) 2017 Talent Management Conference & Exposition will cover a range of timely issues on attracting and retaining employees.
Retraining veterans, overcoming unconscious bias in hiring, using LinkedIn as a recruiting tool, and managing at-home workers are just a few of the nearly 50 concurrent session topics.
More than 1,000 recruiters and human resource professionals from across the country are expected to attend the conference.
(HURRY Early Bird Registration ends March 3rd)
DETAILS: Concurrent sessions include:
• Rehire, Don't Retire: How to Keep the Wisdom of Your Baby Boomers to Reduce the Leadership Gap, Monday, April 24, 10:45 a.m.-12 p.m.
• Overcoming Hidden Biases that Hinder Our Success, Monday, April 24, 10:45 a.m.-12 p.m. • The Art of the Interview, Monday, April 24, 1:30-2:45 p.m..
• Managing Veterans in the Workplace: A Guide for Retaining a Valuable Resource, Monday, April 24, 1:30-2:45 p.m..
• Creative (and Free!) Ways to Make the Most of LinkedIn as a Recruiting Tool, Tuesday, April 25, 8:15-9:30 a.m..
• Workforce 2025! Bold Steps to Shape Your Workforce Today for Tomorrow's Challenges, Tuesday, April 25, 10:30-11:45 a.m.; and Wednesday, April 26, 11:15 a.m.-12:30 p.m..
• The Home-Based Worker Revolution-How to Effectively Select and Manage this Unique Workforce, Tuesday, April 25, 10:30-11:45 a.m. .
• Why Your Diversity & Inclusion Hiring Isn't Improving, Tuesday, April 25, 10:30-11:45 a.m..
• The Seven Deadliest Workplace Communication Sins: How Poor Communication Kills Company Culture, Tuesday, April 25, 4-5:15 p.m. .
REASONS TO ATTEND: .
- New Solutions & Best Practices. Our comprehensive program will provide you the tools, resources and innovative solutions you need to take your human capital strategies to the next level..
- Learn from the Experts. With a combination of industry thought leaders and HR practitioners, you will learn from the best in the industry. You will be inspired, and learn real-world solutions you can apply to your own organization immediately..
- Networking. Join more than 1,000 of your talent management peers who are facing similar challenges as you. You'll walk away with new contacts and an expanded network of peers with whom you can collaborate and share best practices..
- Stay Current & Competitive. Talent is key to the success of any organization. Learn today's most innovative practices and solutions from our speakers, attendees and exhibitors..
- Transform Your Organization. This isn't just about you! Share what you learn with your entire team. By putting these new solutions into practice you'll have a strategy in place for hiring, engaging and retaining today's top talent-a key advantage.